DISCLAIMER: The manufacturers make no claims these products will cure anything. The information on this site is not meant to substitute the advice provided by your own physician or other health professional. It is for informational purposes only. If you have any specific medical problem you should contact your medical advisor. Probioticsforhealth.com is not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from the use of this information.
FTC Disclosure: II am a ONE Group Representative and f you decide to purchase any products recommended on this site through my links I may possibly receive some commission.
Created By Stephen Tuffery
Please note this site may not display properly in the AOL browser
Toxic Chemicals And Why Head Lice Are
Smarter Than We Are
Jean Shaw© -
I don't often watch the television but today I heard something which made me stop for a moment and listen.
It seems head lice affect one in five children, mostly girls and they are on the increase. Now, fortunately it's not something either of my children has ever suffered from, but I know many people who have.
Nits are the bain of many families lives because once your child gets them the whole family needs to take preventative measures. However, the most common approach is to use shampoos and lotions, many of which contain chemicals which are potentially dangerous.
The National Pediculosis Association which is a non-
Head lice are tiny, wingless parasitic insects which live among human hairs and feed on blood drawn from the scalp. They aren't dangerous, don't spread disease but are contagious and very annoying. Their bites can make your scalp itchy and persistent scratching can lead to infection.
Nits are lice eggs and are found on the hair shafts close to the skin where it is nice and warm. Before they hatch they look like tiny yellow, tan, or brown dots, a bit like dandruff except they can't be removed by brushing.
They hatch within 1 to 2 weeks and once they become lice they feed on blood every 4 to 6 hours. Their biting causes itching and scratching and of course the sensation of things moving around and tickling. In some children they cause the lymph glands to swell.
Lice are highly contagious and can spread quickly from person to person, especially in group settings which are why they are so common in schools. They spread mainly through head-
Doctors often recommend a shampoo, cream, or lotion to kill the lice but increasingly now these treatments are unsuccessful because the lice are resistant to the chemicals. They are fighting back and spreading.
It should be remembered that these products are insecticides. Applying them too much or too frequently can be dangerous and you certainly shouldn't apply them to children under 2 years of age.
Also, you shouldn't use more than one head lice medication at a time, use the same medication more than three times if it doesn't appear to be working, or use a hair dryer after applying the scalp treatments because some contain flammable ingredients.
Many products contain pesticides which are designed as neurotoxins and are potentially carcinogenic. They are totally inappropriate for use on young children or anyone else for that matter when you consider that your skin will absorb 60% of whatever you put on it.
Why on earth would you want to put pesticide on your skin when there are safer natural alternatives like nit combs and non toxic sprays based on plant extracts?
It's the same with many of the skin care products found on the market today. Most contain poisonous toxic synthetic chemicals which could be potentially dangerous but few people realize it.
Did you know that there are over 10,500 different synthetic chemicals used in the creams, potions and lotions we put on our skin each day?
Whilst these chemicals have been tested on animals at some stage, they have never been tested for long term health effects either individually or in combination. Even those that have been tested and carry a health hazard warning label can still be used.
According to the FDA -
What a pity that wasn't highlighted on the news as well. Unlike head lice we aren't getting resistant to the chemicals -
For details of the World's First cosmetic, skin and personal care products certified to Food Grade Standards free of toxins and harmful synthetic chemicals see www.bestorganicsforhealth.com
|Anti-bacterial v Probiotics - What You Should Know|
|Barbeques, Use by Dates and What You Should Know|
|Probiotics Bacteria and Why I Loiter Outside Toilets|
|Autism, Probiotics And The Lowly Sandwich|
|Autism, Probiotics And An Ideal World|
|Food Poisoning - Why You Need Probiotic Bacteria|
|Swine Flu – Probiotics|
|Cows Milk - Even Cows Don't Drink It|
|Organic- Is It A Lifestyle Or Health Choice?|
|Are Unregulated Synthetic Chemicals Making You Ill?|
|Collicky Babies and Probiotics- What You Should Know|
|My Autistic Son Loves Probiotics|
|Probiotics - The Mini Health Miracle|
|Probiotics And Pregnancy - What You Should Know|
|Probiotics - Why Your Health Depends On Them|
|Cancer and Cosmetics - The Chemical Connection|
|So What Toxic Chemicals Did You Use Today?|
|Toxic Chemicals And Why Head Lice Are Smarter Than We Are|
|Breast Cancer - Did Toxic Anti Perspirant Deodorants Kill My Friends?|
|Berry Radical Recipes|
|Deep Green Video|
|How To Take In-Liven|
|Recipes Using In-Liven|
|BioPure Probiotic Household Cleaner- FAQ|
|Antibacterial Cleaning Products|
|Strange but True: Antibacterial Products May Do More Harm Than Good|
|Why You Don't Need Anti-bacterial Products|
|Natural Skin Care|
|Fitness and Exercise|
|Gifts and Others|
|Directories and Search Engines|
|Health and Beauty|
|Pets and Animals|
|Health and Beauty Page 2|
|Health and Beauty-3|